Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quotes of John

John Deans that is. I had his class last semester... the class of Film as Literature. I'm serious when I say this, that I had more paperwork in that class than in all of my other classes combined. Probably about 3 times as much as the rest of them, and that's no joke. He had his good days, but most of the time he talked so much that I began to be amazed at how he didn't confuse himself as well as all of his students. I guess it was good that he was pretty lenient when it came to grading the papers (as long as they weren't late). I'm convinced that he didn't even read them, just as long as the whole page was filled with writing he called it good.

While we were watching movies, our friend Mr. Deans would pause it and then come out with a remark such as "Now I want you to look at that scene..." And then press play again. I didn't get it.

A lot of times Zach and I would be wondering if he was going to finish his sentence, while other times we'd just be left wondering ". . . What?"

We took the liberty of writing down some of his quotes. Here you go:
From the Mouth of John

The things you're about to see are happening this very moment.

At the first sign of trouble you should've already left.

If there's danger... leave.

If you can imagine your worst nightmares.... He's gonna send 'em right where they need to be.

Romantic does not mean boy-girl... Necessarily...

It should start to jump out at you a good movie. (fragment, consider revising)

If you just thought, "This is a bore, when do I go to lunch?" Then that's what you... That's you're reward.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

2 comments:

  1. bahahahaha. those are funny.
    he is the weirdest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you danny!
    that man is a loon.

    and hey...at least you didn't get kicked out of his class for "cheating"...

    ReplyDelete