Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Perfect scheduling--the 30 minute plan

I have nothing to write about except for this plan I've had for a while, but has yet to go into effect.  It's called the 30 minute plan.

It goes like this:

1.  You figure out all of the things that you want to do EVERYday.  I for example want to play Basketball, play the ukulele, play the piano, read the scriptures, go on the computer, and read a book.  I guess homework can join as well.  


2.  Then you take each of those things and put them by order of importance.  I would say 1: Scriptures 2: Basketball 3: Homework 4: Ukulele 5: Piano 6: Computer 7: Book reading


3.  You then take each of those things, in the order you just put them in, and do them for 30 minutes each.  With my 30 minute plan it would only take 3 and a half hours to do everything I wanted to do that day, and then there's even some time left over!


Now obviously you don't have to do it in the same order everyday, and if necessary you can do something for more than 30 minutes (a mister Deans homework assignment for example)  But if I got home from school everyday at 2:30 and did my 30 minute plan, I would be completely done with everything by 6 O'clock, leaving a few hours to do something else fun, or do some more of one of the activities I've already finished.  The main thing you have to worry about is self control.  If you start browsing the internet for something while looking at facebook or whatever and end up on the computer for an hour and a half, that's bad news bears.  Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

Go ahead and comment your revision to the 30 minute plan or any advice you have for it!  I'd love to incorporate your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment